Reid Highway to Ellenbrook
The second of three contracts was awarded to Great Northern Connect (GNC) - a joint venture between Laing O'Rourke and BGC Contracting.
The Central Section is extending Tonkin Highway from Reid Highway to Ellenbrook, improving access to surrounding suburbs, as well as duplicating Reid Highway through to Altone Road. When complete, Tonkin Highway will be free-flowing between Morley and Muchea.
One of our key benefits is removing four of the State’s most dangerous intersections. Two of these are located in the Central Section - Tonkin Highway and Reid Highway, Beechboro Road and Gnangara Road.
Construction is well underway with key works including
- an interchange at Reid Highway and Tonkin Highway intersection
- upgrading Reid Highway between Altone Road and Malaga Drive to dual carriageway
- flyovers at Marshall Road and Beechboro Road
- modification to upgrade Altone Road and Reid Highway intersection to allow Reid Highway to be two lanes in each direction
- interchanges at Hepburn Avenue, Gnangara Road and at Ellenbrook
- 4 metre-wide shared path
Video: Central Section 3D fly through animation