All ramps on WA’s biggest free-flowing freeway to freeway interchange will open the morning of Sunday 24 March.
A flyover at Beechboro Road North will take traffic over Reid Highway, allowing the removal of the temporary roundabout.
These milestones will improve travel conditions and journey times:
All ramps will be open to traffic on the Tonkin and Reid Highway interchange, enabling free flowing access for motorists in all directions for the first time;
- Tonkin Highway will be open between Reid Highway and Hepburn Avenue;
- Hepburn Avenue roundabout will be partially open to traffic;
- Beechboro Road North flyover at Reid Highway will be open (initially the western lanes only with traffic travelling in both directions);
- The temporary roundabout at Reid Highway and Beechboro Road North will be removed; and
- The shared path, a four metre-wide path for cyclists and pedestrians, will be open from Hepburn Avenue to Beechboro Road North.
We thank the local communities for their ongoing patience while we undertake these vital works.
We will be updating the Main Roads website, posting on the NorthLink WA Facebook community group and sending regular roadworks updates via email.
To receive traffic updates, email: email@example.com or phone FREE CALL 1800 874 998.