Community and stakeholder consultation began in 2003 (with Perth Darwin National Highway).
Our communication and consultation activities include:
- Publications: providing information via newsletters, project updates, the website, through the media and letters to residents,
- Responding to enquiries: email to email@example.com, via our Customer Information Centre on 138 138, or our contractor hotlines:
- Southern Section: 1800 748 642
- Central Section: 1800 874 998
- Northern Section: 1800 930 955
- Face to face: community information sessions, briefings, meetings with community groups, local government authorities, schools, business groups and others,
- Representative Groups: Construction Reference Group meetings,
- More information can be found on our Consultation History page.
Construction Reference Groups operate for all Southern Section works. These groups include members from the project development phase, as well as new members who were invited to nominate.
The Central Section group was established in March 2017. The group includes members from the project development phase, as well as new members who nominated.
A Lightning Park Access Working Group was established to review access to Lightning Park for sporting groups. As a result, a slip road for commuters leaving Lightning Park in Noranda to access Reid Highway was constructed.
Extensive consultation was undertaken with directly affected landowners.
A Construction Reference Group has been established with multiple productive meetings facilitated during project development and construction.
Briefings have been provided to the Bullsbrook Residents and Ratepayers’ Association and we continue to liaise with the association to further discuss issues including haulage routes and site access for construction vehicles, property access following local road closures required for NorthLink WA, and construction impacts such as noise and vibration.