Community and stakeholder consultation on NorthLink WA began in 2003 (with Perth Darwin National Highway).
Our communication and consultation activities are aimed at maximising community input, and include:
- Publications: providing information via newsletters, project updates, the website, through the media and letters to residents;
- Responding to enquiries: via our 138 138 or email firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Face to face: community information sessions, briefings, meetings with community groups, local government authorities, schools, business groups and others;
- Representative Groups: stakeholder and community reference group meetings.
Southern Section: Guildford Road to Reid Highway: Construction Phase
- A Construction Reference Group has been set up for the Southern Section works. This group includes members from the project development phase, as well as new members who nominated after receiving our March 2016 newsletter. The group will meet throughout construction, and we welcome any additional feedback from the community.
- Consultation is continuing with the Hampton Park Primary School community to develop safe future access arrangements, including a new underpass under Tonkin Highway. For more information, see the Hampton Park Primary School Fact Sheet.
- Road construction requires careful management of a range of impacts, including traffic, dust, noise and construction vehicle access. We will be distributing construction updates as the project progresses. To read the latest updates, visit our Construction Updates page.
- There will be significant changes to key intersections as works progress. We will continue to liaise with residents and businesses regarding construction works.
Central Section: Reid Highway to Ellenbrook
- A Construction Reference Group has been set up for the Central Section works. This group includes members from the project development phase, as well as new members who nominated after receiving our January 2017 newsletter. The group will meet throughout construction, and we welcome any additional feedback from the community.
- We have created a fact sheet that outlines how travel patterns may change as a result of NorthLink WA. Road users will be able to choose routes that allow quicker, safer and more efficient journeys. For more information, see the Travel Patterns Fact Sheet.
- A Lightning Park Access Working Group was established to review future access to Lightning Park for sporting groups. We are working with the City of Bayswater to monitor traffic since the permanent change in access to Lightning Park was implemented. The result will determine whether the distribution of park traffic across the local road network is equitable.
- Other Fact Sheets regarding Whiteman Park, Ellenbrook access and other information are being developed, and will be available once finalised.
Northern Section: Ellenbrook to Muchea
- Extensive consultation is progressing well with directly affected landowners ahead of construction starting later in 2017.
- We have also provided briefings to the Bullsbrook Residents and Ratepayers’ Association in August 2016 and March 2017. We will continue to liaise with the association to further discuss queries including haulage routes and site access for construction vehicles, property access following local road closures required for NorthLink WA, and construction impacts such as noise and vibration.
- More information will be available as the project progresses.