Community and stakeholder consultation began in 2003 (with Perth Darwin National Highway).
Our communication and consultation activities include:
- Publications: providing information via newsletters, project updates, the website, through the media and letters to residents,
- Responding to enquiries: email to email@example.com, via our Customer Information Centre on 138 138, or our contractor hotlines:
- Southern Section: 1800 748 642
- Central Section: 1800 874 998
- Northern Section: 1800 930 955
- Face to face: community information sessions, briefings, meetings with community groups, local government authorities, schools, business groups and others,
- Representative Groups: Construction Reference Group meetings,
- More information can be found on our Consultation History page.
- Construction Reference Groups operate for all Southern Section works. These groups include members from the project development phase, as well as new members who were invited to nominate following a newsletter.
- Road construction requires careful management of a range of impacts, including traffic, dust, noise and construction vehicle access. To read the latest updates, visit our Construction Updates page.
- The Central Section group has met a number of times since being established in March 2017. The group includes members from the project development phase, as well as new members who nominated after receiving a newsletter.
- A number of fact sheets are available providing specific information for communities on revised travel patterns and noise walls.
- A Lightning Park Access Working Group was established to review future access to Lightning Park for sporting groups. As a result, a slip road for commuters leaving Lightning Park in Noranda to access Reid Highway is under construction.
- Extensive consultation is progressing well with directly affected landowners.
- Briefings have been provided to the Bullsbrook Residents and Ratepayers’ Association. We will continue to liaise with the association to further discuss issues including haulage routes and site access for construction vehicles, property access following local road closures required for NorthLink WA, and construction impacts such as noise and vibration.
- A Construction Reference Group has been established and has had a number of productive meetings.