Tonkin Highway and Dunreath Drive Interchange
- Modifications and upgrades to a busy interchange near Perth Airport
- Roadworks are complete. Electrical works for signals are expected to be finished by the end of July
- Reduce queuing on Tonkin Highway exits during peak periods
Modifications to the busy interchange of Tonkin Highway and Dunreath Drive will improve traffic flow and road user safety when entering the busy Perth Airport precinct.
More than 14,000 vehicles previously exited Dunreath Drive daily, and this number has increased with the opening of the Costco store.
- Removal of the eastern roundabout on Dunreath Drive, within the airport estate
- Transforming the exit from Tonkin Highway southbound to Dunreath Drive eastbound into a dedicated turning lane
- Installing traffic signals on Dunreath Drive’s western roundabout to help manage traffic flow during peak hours
February 2020: Work commences
July 2020: Expected completion