Tonkin Highway and Dunreath Drive Interchange
- Modifications and upgrades to a busy interchange near Perth Airport
- Work is expected to be completed by late April 2020
- Reduce queuing on Tonkin Highway exits during peak periods
Modifications to the busy interchange of Tonkin Highway and Dunreath Drive will improve traffic flow and road user safety when entering the busy Perth Airport precinct.
More than 14,000 vehicles currently exit Dunreath Drive daily. With the upcoming opening of the new Costco store, traffic in the area is expected to increase by at least 30 per cent.
- Removal of the eastern roundabout on Dunreath Drive, within the airport estate
- Transforming the exit from Tonkin Highway southbound to Dunreath Drive eastbound into a dedicated turning lane
- Installing traffic signals on Dunreath Drive’s western roundabout to help manage traffic flow during peak hours
- Tonkin Highway access to and from Dunreath Drive
- Closed on 2, 3, 4 and 6 April from 8pm to 4am
- Excludes Dunreath Drive access to Tonkin Highway southbound
- No access to Perth Airport's T3 and T4
- Detours via Tonkin Highway, Great Eastern Highway and Fauntleroy Avenue
- Occasional lane closures and speed reductions on Dunreath Drive
Visit our Travel Map
to find all roadwork, event and incident information you need to plan your trip.
February 2020: Work commences
Late April 2020: Expected completion