Stephenson Avenue Extension
- Upgrading the transport network in the Stirling City Centre
- Currently in planning and development
The Stephenson Avenue Extension is the first stage of the City of Stirling’s broader plan to transform the Stirling City Centre – an area bounded by Karrinyup Road, along Cedric Street and Ellen Stirling Boulevard to Scarborough Beach Road.
Visit the City of Stirling website
to learn more about these plans.
Led by the City of Stirling, the project will include:
- Phase 1: Stephenson Avenue between Scarborough Beach Road and Sarich Court*
- Phase 1A Sarich Court connection to Cedric Street delivered by the City of Stirling
- Phase 2: Stephenson Avenue connection to the freeway, delivered by Main Roads.
*Phase 1 is anticipated to begin pre construction in early 2020 subject to stakeholder and relevant approvals. Visit City of Stirling website for the latest information.
Open the City of Stirling map PDF to view the phases of this project.
Work will also include local road network connections and improvements to connectivity and access for pedestrians, cyclists and public transport users.
Activities underway include stakeholder consultation to identify various issues/constraints, consultation with Public Transport Authority to ensure the preliminary design aligns with long term planning, and geotechnical and site investigations, traffic modelling and environmental assessments to inform environmental approval processes.