Stephenson Avenue Extension
- We will deliver Phase 2, of a three phase project to extend Stephenson Avenue in Innaloo
- Currently in planning and development
- Upgrading the transport network in the Stirling City Centre
The Stephenson Avenue Extension is the first stage of the City of Stirling’s broader plan to transform the Stirling City Centre – an area bounded by Karrinyup Road, along Cedric Street and Ellen Stirling Boulevard to Scarborough Beach Road.
Led by the City of Stirling, the project will include:
- Phase 1 - Stephenson Avenue (Scarborough Beach Road to Howe Street) delivered by the City of Stirling*
- Phase 2 - The Freeway Interchange delivered by Main Roads
- Phase 3 - Stephenson Ave (Howe Street to Cedric Street) delivered by the City of Stirling.
*Phase 1 (Scarborough Beach Road to Howe Street) is anticipated to begin pre construction in late-2019 subject to stakeholder and relevant approvals. Visit City of Stirling website for the latest information.
View the phases on the City of Stirling map.
Work will also include local road network connections and improvements to connectivity and access for pedestrians, cyclists and public transport users.
Activities underway include stakeholder consultation to identify various issues/constraints, consultation with Public Transport Authority to ensure the preliminary design aligns with long term planning, and geotechnical and site investigations, traffic modelling and environmental assessments to inform environmental approval processes