Armadale Road to North Lake Road Bridge
The Armadale Road to North Lake Road Bridge project is funded by the Commonwealth and State Governments as part of a $2.3 billion investment in road and rail infrastructure, announced by Premier Mark McGowan on 7 May 2017.
The project will help address significant congestion in the Cockburn Central Area resulting from the growth of Cockburn Gateway Shopping Centre, surrounding commercial, retail and residential development and the area’s proximity to Cockburn Central Station and Kwinana Freeway.
Community Liaison Group - nominations now invited - 4 January
We are committed to working closely with the community through the development and delivery of this major project and are inviting nominations from local businesses, community groups and individuals to join the project's Community Liaison Group (CLG). Please see our latest project update for more information.
The project is currently in the development phase. This work is currently being undertaken by the Metropolitan Road Improvement Alliance (MRIA) to:
- Accelerate the planning process and allow us to commence procurement for a contract for final design and construction as soon as possible.
- Ensure the scope of works for the interchange is consistent with the Armadale Road Duplication project and the Kwinana Freeway Widening currently being undertaken by MRIA and that any interface and scheduling issues are taken into account.
Project development comprises:
- Confirmation of scope in consultation with community and stakeholders
- Obtaining project approvals and clearances required for construction commencement
- Development of a concept design
- Identification of land requirements and land acquisition.
Following completion of project development, it is likely this project will be delivered as a Design & Construct contract. we will call for proposals in the usual way, with industry participants offered full and fair opportunity to tender for the contract.
Scope of works
- Construction of a bridge over Kwinana Freeway;
- Improvements at the intersections of:
- Armadale Road, Tapper Road, and Verde Drive; and
- Armadale Road and Solomon Road.
- Modification of the existing intersection at Midgegooroo Avenue and North Lake Road
- At grade left in/left out intersections at Verde Drive east end, PTA parking, Knock Place, and Lot 1 on Armadale Road.
- North-facing on/off ramps and two lane collector distributer roads on both sides of the Kwinana Freeway from Berrigan Drive to Armadale Road.