Shepperton Road and Duncan Street Improvements
We are upgrading the busy intersection of Shepperton Road and Duncan Street, in Victoria Park, to improve traffic flow and safety.
Service relocations will be completed by the end of 2017 and construction is expected to start in January 2018.
Most of the work will be undertaken at night to avoid major traffic disruptions. Road users should expect lane closures and speed reductions, and plan ahead to avoid any delays.
Scope of works
- Extend the city-bound bus lane on Shepperton Road
- Double the length of the right-turn pockets on Shepperton Road at Duncan Street
- Install a safety barrier adjacent to the Victoria Park Centre shopping centre
- Upgrade pedestrian facilities
- Modify the traffic signals to remove the right-turn filter movement from Shepperton Road to Duncan Street