Reid Highway Dual Carriageway
Altone Road to West Swan Road
- Widening Reid Highway to dual carriageway and construction of the Arthur Street Bridge
- Construction is due for completion by mid-2020
- Improve safety and ease congestion
Image: Reid Highway
This is the last section between Marmion Avenue and Great Northern Highway that is not a dual carriageway. The dual carriageway between Beechboro Road North and Altone Road is now under construction as part of NorthLink WA.
- A four kilometre, two lane second carriageway between Altone Road and West Swan Road (construction to occur on the southern side of the existing carriageway)
- New shared path and local links on the southern side of the highway
- Modifications to Reid Highway and West Swan Road intersection
- A new bridge over Reid Highway, connecting the northern and southern sections of Arthur Street
- Install bridge beams and deck for a second carriageway across Bennett Brook
- Extend the underpass to link Victoria Road
- Noise walls (location and design yet to be determined)
- Signage, fencing, drainage, landscaping and street lighting
Construction Update – September 2019
Spring has sprung and construction of the Reid Highway dual carriageway is continuing at a fast pace. We have moved over half of the 150,000 tonnes of recycled crushed rock stockpiled near the intersection of Reid Highway and Daviot Road to the project site and have commenced service relocations and top soil stripping.
In the coming months you will start to see the new Reid Highway lanes take shape and fill being placed for the approach ramps to the Arthur Street Bridge. You will also see noise walls being built on the south side of Reid Highway in some locations between Lord Street and Altone Road.
For more information and lookahead to upcoming works, please see our latestSeptember Construction Update.
The stockpiles of crushed rockbase located south of the intersection of Reid Highway and Lord Street is currently being transported to the project alignment in the area behind Barbarossa Drive and the Arthur Street bridge site on the north side of Reid Highway.
Please see our latestConstruction Update for more information.
Service Relocation Works
In preparation for construction of the new Arthur Street bridge over Reid Highway, works will be undertaken to realign power lines and sewer pipes between the roundabout at the intersection of Arthur Street/Grandis Road in Dayton.
The works will also be undertaken at the roundabout at the intersection of Arthur Street/Suffolk Street in Caversham.
Please see ourConstruction Update.
The stockpiles of crushed rockbase at the intersection of Reid Highway and Daviot Road will be used during the construction process for this project, and in particular for the new bridge connecting the southern side of Arthur Street in Caversham with the northern side of Arthur Street in Dayton.
This $70 million project is jointly funded by the Australian and State Governments as part of a $2.3 billion package of road and rail infrastructure works.