Onslow Road Upgrade
A major road in the Pilbara region, Onslow Road runs from North West Coastal Highway at Cane, north of the Nanutarra Roadhouse, and heads north-west to the town of Onslow, on the coast.
The Phase 1 upgrade is located approximately 40 kilometres southeast of Onslow.
The project will be privately funded by Chevron Australia Pty Ltd and managed by Main Roads.
Image: Base course material stockpiles prior to blending
The Tender process closed on 8 June 2018.
We are currently on site blending the base course material in preparation for the commencement of construction works.
Scope of works
- Upgraded intersection at Onslow Road and North West Coastal Highway
- Structural overlay and resealing
- Targeted sub-base and sub-grade improvement
- Replacement and extension of existing culverts
- Upgrading of signage and road markings
During construction, Onslow Road and North West Coastal Highway will remain open. However, road users may experience minor delays as a result of temporary lane closures.