Great Eastern Highway - Walgoolan to Southern Cross Upgrades
In the 2018 State Budget, $17.2m was announced for the following improvements on the Great Eastern Highway:
- Realignment of curves at Carrabin and to the west of Carrabin (2018-19)
- Widening, overlay and re-sealing the road at various sections between Bodallin and Moorine Rock (2019-20)
- Construction of a new westbound passing lane between Bodallin and Noongar (2019-20)
These works are part of a larger improvement project between Walgoolan and Southern Cross. The safety improvements include overlay, widening, realignments, overtaking lanes and bridgeworks. The works are currently split in to eight packages of works which are in various stages of development and delivery. View our
overview map to view the locations.
Scope of works
Improvements at Carrabin
- Intersections improvements at Carrabin Siding Road and Westonia Road
- Re-alignment of a sub-standard curves on east and west approaches to Carrabin Improvements to the information/parking bay access, roadhouse access, pavement and drainage
- Removal of an existing four-way intersection
Works are due to commence late-2018 through to March 2019.