Great Eastern Highway Safety Upgrade, Bakers Hill
We are conducting works to improve a section of Great Eastern Highway between Berry Brow Road and Tames Road, in Bakers Hill.
The following closures are required for the safety of road users and workers:
- Great Eastern Highway between Berry Brow Road and Tames Road
- June 2017 to February 2018 (Monday to Saturday 7am to 5pm)
- Intermittent lane closures in both directions, Speed limit reduced
Project information will be distributed via the local newspaper, Facebook posts on the Shire of Northam's page and signage in the project site.
Scope of works
- Upgrades to existing regulatory signage and line-marking
- Closing Keane Street exit to Great Eastern Highway
- Constructing a dedicated left turn lane and a new street (official name to be announced) to eliminate a four-way intersection
- Modified access to the tourist information bay
- Reduced access ways to the shops from seven to three
During these works, the Shire of Northam will be upgrading local roads.