Vasse Dunsborough Link
- A planning study is being undertaken to identify a future road corridor between Vase and Dunsborough
- Provide a better level of service for motorists to complement other existing and planned roads.
We have progressed two key planning studies to prepare design concepts and define the road reservations for the future Busselton Outer Bypass and Vasse Dunsborough Link.
We are currently reviewing the plans for both road links with a view to completing this by the end of the 2019/20 financial year. We will continue to work with the City of Busselton to protect the land required for the for future roads, with a view to and reserving land road under the City’s Local Planning Scheme. We will be notifying directly affected landowners and others who responded to our consultation program directly.
This study is being undertaken in conjunction with the City of Busselton and the Department of Planning.
The study follows the endorsement of an alignment option by the City of Busselton and the Western Australian Planning Commission in 2010.
The study area encompasses the preferred route corridor, starting from Caves Road and Commonage Road at the western end, to Busselton Bypass and Bussell Highway at the eastern end. The link will also connect with Busselton Outer Bypass.
The study involves:
- Establishment of a Project Working Group involving the City of Busselton, Department of Planning. Lands and Heritage, Department of Biodiversity and Conservation and Attractions that will have direct input into the planning work.
- Consultation with directly affected landowners and providing information to the community.
- Preparation and planning design concept for a four-lane divided highway and plans suitable for inclusion of the road reservation in the City of Busselton’s Town Planning Scheme.
- At-grade intersections will be provided at Mewett Road, Quindalup Siding Road and Chain Avenue.
- Approximately 1 km east of the Commonage Road roundabout, Caves Road will be realigned to the south to connect with the link at an at-grade intersection.
- Community and landowner consultation was completed in 2014
At-grade intersections will be provided at Mewett Road, Quindalup Siding Road and Chain Avenue.
In addition, approximately one km east of Commonage Road roundabout, Caves Road will be realigned to the south to connect with the link at an at-grade intersection.
We have investigated the environmental, social, heritage and engineering impacts of the proposed new road link (including spring flora and fauna surveys). Please contact us through our online form for more information.
Investigation the environmental, social, heritage and engineering impacts of the proposed new road link (including the spring flora and fauna surveys).