North West Coastal Highway and Madigan Road
Road Train Assembly Area
- Construction of a 2.1 km long overtaking lane between Karratha and Roebourne, approximately 16 km north of Madigan Road and North West Coastal Highway intersection.
- Works include safety improvements and widening works on Madigan Road and lighting the new assembly area.
- Due for completion in mid-2020.
Image: Looking down towards North West Coast Highway and Madigan Road
A new Road Train Assembly Area (RTAA) will be constructed on the corner of Madigan Road, adjacent to North West Coastal Highway.
- The RTAA will have 36 triple Road Train breakdown bays, and lighting.
- Madigan Road will be widened to improve access, and will incorporate drainage improvements;
- There will be minimal impact to road users during the construction of the Road Train Assembly Area as work will be undertaken off the existing Madigan Rd alignment.
- In addition to the RTTA, a section of North West Coastal Highway will be widened to construct an additional 2.1 km overtaking lane.
- Road users can expect some disruptions during the construction of the Overtaking Lane on North West Coastal Highway, with some traffic management in place.
Works commenced on 2 February. Read the latestProject Update for more information.
Early February 2020: construction commenced
Mid 2020: Construction completion