Wanneroo Road Widening - Joondalup Drive to Flynn Drive
Upgrading Wanneroo Road to a dual carriageway between Joondalup Drive and Flynn Drive will enhance road safety and efficiency and reduce travel times. The project will also cater for long-term traffic demands generated by rapid population growth in Perth’s north-west metropolitan corridor.
The project will convert the existing single-lane road to a dual carriageway over 3.2 km in each direction that provides a north-south alternative to Mitchell Freeway and is critical for efficient industry connectivity to the Wangara and Neerabup industrial parks.
Image: Design map from the December 2017 Newsletter
Lane closures on Wanneroo Road at Neerabup Road
- Friday 1 February to Friday 15 February, 6am to 6pm daily
Lane closures are currently in place to enable temporary pavement and barriers to be installed on Wanneroo Road, at the intersection of Neerabup Road. Speed is reduced to 40 km/h for the duration of the works.
Road conditions may be unfamiliar. Please approach with caution and follow signage in the area.
Balladong Loop, Monaltrie Loop and Wanneroo Road near Quarry Access Road
7pm to 5am
Golf Links Drive
14 to 21 February
7am to 5pm weekdays
Scope of works
- Intersection upgrades at Golf Links Drive and Carramar Road
- Construction of 3.2 km of dual carriageway within the road reserve
- Noise walls along the eastern side of Wanneroo Road between Joondalup Drive and Carramar Road, Carramar
- Drainage, retaining walls and landscaping