Wanneroo Road and Ocean Reef Road Interchange
The Wanneroo Road and Ocean Reef Road Interchange project is funded by the Commonwealth and State Governments as part of a $2.3 billion investment in road and rail infrastructure, announced by Premier Mark McGowan on 7 May 2017.
Both Wanneroo Road and Ocean Reef Road carry high traffic volumes, and the intersection ranks as one of the most congested in Perth. This project will boost capacity and traffic flow, ease congestion and improve safety for all road users.
A Construction Reference Group has been formed to:
- assist in identifying, discussing and providing advice on the community issues associated with the project
- exchange information between us, the contractor and the community
- provide representative community and stakeholder input into the construction phase of the project
The first meeting was held in late May 2018.
Request for Proposals
Requests for proposals from industry were released on 6 April for the design and construction of the Wanneroo Road and Ocean Reef Road Interchange.
The project is in the development phase. Further project development activity will include:
- Undertaking investigation works on and adjacent to Wanneroo and Ocean Reef roads (may include lane closures and road workers on the road)
- Consultation with stakeholders
- Obtaining the required project approvals and clearances
- Preparing contract documentation
- Developing a final concept design
- Identifying land requirements and land acquisition
Following completion of project development, it is likely this project will be delivered as a Design and Construct contract. We will call for proposals in the usual way, with industry participants offered full and fair opportunity to tender for packages of work.
Scope of works
- Construction of a bridge
- Bridge off and on ramps including traffic signals
- Service relocations and drainage improvements
- Realignment of paths and pedestrian crossing points