Wanneroo Road and Ocean Reef Road Interchange
The Wanneroo Road and Ocean Reef Road Interchange project is funded by the Commonwealth and State Governments as part of a $2.3 billion investment in road and rail infrastructure, announced by Premier Mark McGowan on 7 May 2017.
Both Wanneroo Road and Ocean Reef Road carry high traffic volumes, and the intersection ranks as one of the most congested in Perth. This project will boost capacity and traffic flow, ease congestion and improve safety for all road users.
Project Update - October 2018
We are currently assessing proposals from industry for design and construction of the project, with a contract to be awarded in late 2018.
The October Project Update includes an updated concept design map, timeline, and information on the local road network traffic analysis.
Frequently asked questions have also been prepared based on recent questions received.
A Community Reference Group has been formed to:
- assist in identifying, discussing and providing advice on the community issues associated with the project
- exchange information between us, the contractor and the community
- provide representative community and stakeholder input into the construction phase of the project
The first meeting was held in late May and the second in late October 2018.
Scope of works
- Construction of a bridge
- Bridge off and on ramps including traffic signals
- Service relocations and drainage improvements
- Realignment of paths and pedestrian crossing points