Wanneroo Road and Ocean Reef Road Interchange
The Wanneroo Road and Ocean Reef Road Interchange project is funded by the Commonwealth and State Governments as part of a $2.3 billion investment in road and rail infrastructure, announced by Premier Mark McGowan on 7 May 2017.
Both Wanneroo Road and Ocean Reef Road carry high traffic volumes, and the intersection ranks as one of the most congested in Perth. This project will boost capacity and traffic flow, ease congestion and improve safety for all road users.
Expressions of interest
We have called for Expressions of Interest from industry for design and construction. For more information, please visit Tenders WA.
The project is in the development phase. Further project development activity will include:
- Consultation with stakeholders
- Obtaining the required project approvals and clearances
- Developing a final concept design
- Identifying land requirements and land acquisition
Following completion of project development, it is likely this project will be delivered as a Design and Construct contract. We will call for proposals in the usual way, with industry participants offered full and fair opportunity to tender for packages of work.
Scope of works
- Construction of a bridge
- Bridge off and on ramps including traffic signals
- Service relocations and drainage improvements
- Realignment of paths and pedestrian crossing points