Mitchell Freeway Northbound Widening
- Two km of widening from Hutton Street to Cedric Street, in Osborne Park, to provide a fourth lane and new safety barriers on the verge side
- Roadworks will commence in October and are expected to be completed in September 2020
- Improve safety, reduce congestion and improve traffic flow
Works will include the installation of 5.3 km of high standard concrete barriers along the rail reserve, between Glendalough Station and Erindale Road.
Other works include:
- Double exit lane on the Cedric Street exit
- Upgraded street lighting
- Modification to CCTV camera locations and Vehicle Detection Stations
- Construction of three new emergency stopping bays
Tenders were called in early June and roadworks are expected to get underway in October.
- Late May 2019: Call for tenders
- October 2019: Roadworks commence
- September 2020: Roadworks complete