Mitchell Freeway Northbound Widening
Hutton Street to Cedric Street
- Widening a 2 km section of freeway
- Work has commenced and is expected to be completed in September 2020
- Improve safety, reduce congestion and improve traffic flow
Works will include the installation of 5.3 km of high standard concrete barriers along the rail reserve, between Glendalough Station and Erindale Road, as well as:
- Double exit lane on the Cedric Street exit
- Upgraded street lighting
- Modification to CCTV camera locations and Vehicle Detection Stations
- Construction of three new emergency stopping bays
BMD Constructions Pty Ltd are undertaking this $16.5 million upgrade. A majority of clearing works are complete, with temporary traffic barriers now in place.
Lanes are narrowed between Scarborough Beach Road and Erindale Road, with speed reduced to 80 km/h.
- November 2019: Roadworks commence
- September 2020: Roadworks expected completion