Great Northern Highway - Koodaideri Bridge
- Construction and realignment of 3.6 km of highway near Auski roadhouse.
- Work is expected to be completed in September this year.
- Improve safety for road users by eliminating the road/rail conflict.
Funded by Rio Tinto Iron Ore, we are managing the construction of Koodaderi Bridge. This project will improve safety and efficiency for the 721 vehicles per day that use this section of Great Northern Highway, 5 km north of Nanutarra Munjina Road intersection.
- Construction of a bridge over the proposed Rio Tinto Iron Ore Koodaideri Rail line
- Construction and realignment of 3.6 km of Great Northern Highway
- A new intersection at the Rio Tinto mine access road
The work will be undertaken by a Joint Venture between ACCIONA Geotech and Clough Projects (ACJV) at a cost of $23.5 million.
There will be minimal impact to road users for the majority of the project, as the new bridge will be constructed off the existing alignment. Road users can expect some minor disruptions during the construction of the tie-ins.
Work began in November 2019, and is progressing well despite the additional restrictions imposed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Earthworks are well underway. Completion of the structural and the mechanically stabilised earth wall works are scheduled for next month.
November 2019: Construction started
September 2020: Expected construction completion