Karratha-Tom Price Road
Karratha to Tom Price
- The project is being delivered in consecutive stages.
- Stage 3 commenced in October 2019.
- Sealing a section of Roebourne-Whittenoom Road, known locally as Karratha Tom Price Road, will reduce travel times, improve safety and reduce road closures, particularly during wet season.
Image: Unsealed section of road construction vehicles and worker vehicles in view
- Stage 1 and 2 are complete.
- Stage 3 will include the construction and sealing of the 48 km section following the Rio Tinto rail alignment, to the rail crossing.
- Stage 4, will include a 107 km section from the Rio Tinto rail crossing to Nanutarra-Munjina Road on new alignment following the Rio Tinto rail line through some very rugged terrain.
Stage 3 construction commenced on 24 October 2019.
A detour is in place via the Rio Tinto Iron Ore
Rail Maintenance Track. Each vehicle wishing to use the detour are required to
obtain a permit, apply through the Rio Tinto website .
Stage 3 construction anticipated for completion: mid-2020