Hamilton Street Bridge Replacement
- We replaced Hamilton Street Bridge over the rail in Subiaco.
- Works commenced in February and opened to traffic 29 August.
- Improve traffic flow, safety and upgrade pedestrian facilities.
Image: New Hamilton Street Bridge opened to traffic
The old timber bridge was built 99 years ago and had a 5-tonne load limit. Replacing it with a modern concrete and steel structure will ensure it is suitable for all standard vehicles and provide upgraded shared path facilities. It will optimise the road network for local traffic access and pedestrian and cyclist facilities into the future.
- Providing two 3.5 metre lanes, two 1.2 metre shoulder lanes, and pedestrian and cyclist paths on both sides.
- Improved sight distances and intersection layout at Hamilton Road and Railway Parade.
- Upgraded lighting, signage and drainage.
Bridge open to traffic
The new bridge is now open to traffic, connecting the new Subi East Precinct and Bob Hawke College.