Great Eastern Highway Intersection Upgrades
Old Northam Road in Sawyers Valley and Wooroloo
- Upgrading two intersections along Great Eastern Highway
- Works to commence mid-2020 and be completed mid-2021
- Improve safety and visibility
Image: Great Eastern Highway with trees along the roadside.
In the Perth Hills, two intersections connecting Great Eastern Highway and Old Northam Road - one in Sawyers Valley and one in Wooroloo - will be upgraded in two stages.
- Stage One (Sawyers Valley) includes major sign and pavement marking upgrades.
- Stage Two (Wooroloo) includes a 2 km realignment of the curves on Great Eastern Highway and reconstruction of the intersection of Great Eastern Highway and Old Northam Road west of its current location.
Project development for both stages is currently being undertaken
- Stage One works: Commence mid-2020 with completion expected late-2020
- Stage Two works: Commence late-2020 with completion expected mid-2021