Great Eastern Highway Realignment, Wooroloo
- Realign 2 kilometres of Great Eastern Highway and reconstruct its intersections with Old Northam Road and Wooroloo Prison Farm access road.
- Works to commence early-2021 and be completed early-2022.
- Improve safety and visibility.
Image: Great Eastern Highway with trees along the roadside.
We're realigning two kilometres of Great Eastern Highway in Wooroloo, to remove three substandard curves, and improve safety and visibility. The new section of highway will be built to the south of the current highway, on an alignment largely already cleared. We will also be reconstructing the highway's intersections with Old Northam Road and Wooroloo Prison Farm access road.
Project development is currently underway, with geotechnical and other site investigations planned from June.
Drivers will notice that minor works are being competed at the intersection of Old Northam Road and Great Eastern Highway in Sawyers Valley. This two-week upgrade is expected to commence in mid-June and includes new signs and line-marking.
- June to December 2020: Site investigations, geotechnical works and service relocations
- Early 2021: Construction commences
- Early 2022: Construction completed