Great Northern Highway Upgrade - Ord River North
- Upgrades to a section of Great Northern Highway, north of Ord River
- Construction has commenced and is due for completion in late 2019
- Works are part of ongoing safety and accessibility improvements on Great Northern Highway in Kimberly region
The project will see eight kilometres of Great Northern Highway upgraded between Ord River and Tickalara Creek, 100 kilometres north of Halls Creek including reconstruction, realignment and widening works.
Works will also include:
- Construction of two passing lanes
- Reconstruction of two parking bays
- Resurfacing Spring Creek Bridge
Following on from other projects in the region such as Great Northern Highway - Maggie Creek to Wyndham and Bow River Bridge, the project will provide a more reliable road network and continued employment for the local community.
The contract to design and construct the project has been awarded to WBHO Infrastructure Pty Ltd. Clearing works commenced in late June 2019. Further information can be found in ourProject Update.
The project is jointly funded by the Australian and State Governments.
- Mid-2019: Construction has commenced
- Late-2019: Construction is due for completion in late 2019
- Improved safety and access
- Increased productivity, freight reliability and efficiency for the transport industry
- Continued employment and business opportunities for the Kimberley region, local Aboriginal people and businesses