Great Northern Highway Upgrade
Ord River North
- Upgrading sections of Great Northern Highway, north of Ord River.
- Construction is expected to commence mid-2019.
- Works are part of ongoing safety and accessibility improvements.
The project will see a section of Great Northern Highway upgraded north of Ord River. Following on from other projects in the region such as Great Northern Highway – Maggie Creek to Wyndham and Bow River Bridge, the project will provide a more reliable road network and continued employment for the local community.
It is anticipated that the project will be jointly funded by the Australian and State Governments.
- Early-2019: Tender for design and construction closed
- Mid-2019: Construction commencement
- Improved safety and access
- Increased productivity, freight reliability and efficiency for the transport industry
- Continued employment and business opportunities for the Kimberley region, local Aboriginal people and businesses