Great Eastern Highway Widening
Anzac Drive to Gatacre Drive
- Construction of a 2.4km four-lane dual carriageway between Anzac and Gatacre Drive.
- Works will commence mid-2019 and are expected to be completed late-2019.
- Improve overall traffic capacity, safety and accessibility.
This section of Great Eastern Highway, passing through the industrial and commercial estate, is the only section of the highway within the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder which is a single lane in each direction.
Improvements to this section of road include:
- Widening the existing road to two lanes in each direction
- Intersection upgrades
- Improving drainage
- Construction of driveways to properties
- Relocation of public utilities (water, power and communication services)
- Installation of footpaths
Early works, including service relocations and road and drainage design are currently underway, with roadworks expected to commence mid-2019.
- Mid-2019: Construction commencement
- Late-2019: Construction completion