Great Eastern Highway Widening
Anzac Drive to Gatacre Drive
- Construction of a 2.4 km four-lane dual carriageway between Anzac and Gatacre Drive.
- Works have commenced and are expected to be completed early next year.
- Improve overall traffic capacity, safety and accessibility.
This section of Great Eastern Highway, passing through the industrial and commercial estate, is the only section of the highway within the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder which is a single lane in each direction.
Improvements to this section of road include:
- Widening the existing road to two lanes in each direction
- Intersection upgrades
- Improving drainage
- Construction of driveways to properties
- Relocation of public utilities (water, power and communication services)
- Installation of footpaths
Roadworks officially kicked-off in July, with Transport Minister Rita Saffioti visiting the site. Motorists will encounter detours, property and lane closures and speed reductions during construction. Visit our Travel Map to find all roadwork, event and incident information you need to plan your trip.
Find out more in our July 2019 Project Update.
- July 2019: Construction commencement
- Early-2020: Construction completion