Great Eastern Highway Widening
Anzac Drive to Gatacre Drive
- Construction of a 2.4 km four-lane dual carriageway.
- Works have commenced and are expected to be completed early 2020.
- Improve overall traffic capacity, safety and accessibility.
- Motorists travelling between Perth and Kalgoorlie may be impacted by roadworks on Great Eastern Highway.
Visit the Great Eastern Highway Upgrades Project page or visit our Travel Map to find all roadwork, event and incident information you need to plan your trip.
Video: Animation showing the future Great Eastern Highway upgrades
This section of Great Eastern Highway, passing through the industrial and commercial estate, is the only section of the highway within the City of Kalgoorlie-Boulder which is a single lane in each direction.
Improvements to this section of road include:
- Widening the existing road to two lanes in each direction
- Intersection upgrades
- Improving drainage
- Construction of driveways to properties
- Relocation of public utilities (water, power and communication services)
- Installation of footpaths
Access to Great Eastern Highway from Anzac Drive is available from all approaches, while work over Christmas stops to cater for additional holiday traffic. Roadworks recommenced from 6 January.
Read more in our Roadworks update PDF.
Visit our Travel Map to find all roadwork, event and incident information you need to plan your trip.
- July 2019: Construction commencement
- Early-2020: Construction completion