Reid Highway Dual Carriageway - Altone Road to West Swan Road
The project to widen Reid Highway to a dual carriageway between Altone Road and West Swan Road is part of a $2.3 billion package of road and rail infrastructure works, funded by the Australian ($1.6 billion) and State ($750 million) Governments.
Reid Highway is a strategic east-west route for industry and commuters travelling across Perth’s north. This is the last section between Marmion Avenue and Great Northern Highway that is not a dual carriageway (the dual carriageway between Beechboro Road and Altone Road is now under construction as part of NorthLink WA.
Arthur Street Bridge
We are pleased to confirm that a new bridge, connecting the northern side of Arthur Street in Dayton with the southern side of Arthur Street in Caversham, will be included in the scope of the project. Please see the latest State Government media statement for more details.
The stockpiling activity taking place south-east of the Reid Highway and Daviot Road intersection is progressing to schedule. The site remains secure and dust suppression measures are in place to minimize disruption to local residents.
In mid-October, the project team will prepare its second stockpile site south-west of the Reid Highway and Daviot Road intersection. Stockpiling in this location is expected to begin in November and last for approximately 3 to 4 weeks. General delivery times are expected to be 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm on Saturdays. Access will be provided via a temporary construction track from Daviot Road.
We thank the community for its ongoing cooperation and support as we prepare for this important project.
Construction Reference Group nominations
We will be establishing a Construction Reference Group (CRG) to provide local input to this project as it moves into the detailed design and construction phase.
This group is likely to be established in late 2018, if there is enough interest. Members will be required to attend monthly meetings after hours at a local venue. If you would like to register your interest in being a member of the CRG, please complete the registration form.
Scope of works
- Construct a four kilometre, two lane second carriageway between Altone Road and West Swan Road (construction to occur on the southern side of the existing carriageway)
- New shared path and local links on the southern side of the highway
- Modifications to the Reid Highway and West Swan Road intersection to increase capacity and improve traffic flow
- Noise walls (location and design yet to be determined)
- Install bridge beams and deck for a second carriageway across Bennett Brook
- Extend the underpass to link Victoria Road
- Signage, fencing, drainage, landscaping and street lighting
- A new bridge over Reid Highway, connecting the northern and southern sections of Arthur Street