Reid Highway Widening - Altone Road to West Swan Road
The project to widen Reid Highway to a dual carriageway between Altone Road and West Swan Road is part of a $2.3 billion package of road and rail infrastructure works, funded by the Australian ($1.6 billion) and State ($750 million) Governments.
Reid Highway is a strategic east-west route for industry and commuters travelling across Perth’s north. This is the last section between Wanneroo Road and Great Northern Highway that is not a dual carriageway (the dual carriageway between Beechboro Road and Altone Road is now under construction as part of NorthLink WA.
The project is in the development phase. Further project development activity will include:
- Consultation with stakeholders
- Obtaining the required project approvals and clearances
- Developing a final concept design
- Preparation and issuing of tender documentation
Following completion of project development, this project will be delivered as a Design and Construct contract.
We will be seeking expressions of interest from contractors in February 2018 and construction is scheduled to start in early 2019.
Scope of works
- Construct a four kilometre, two lane second carriageway between Altone Road and West Swan Road (construction to occur on the southern side of the existing carriageway)
- Modifications to the Reid Highway and West Swan Road intersection to improve traffic flow
- Install bridge beams and deck for a second carriageway across Bennett Brook
- Improve pedestrian and cycling facilities
- Signage, fencing, drainage, landscaping and street lighting