Wanneroo Road Widening
- Widening Wanneroo Road between Joondalup Drive and Flynn Drive
- Construction started in 2017 and lanes opened to motorists in April. Finishing works will continue until June.
- Enhance safety, efficiency and reduce travel times.
The widening of Wanneroo Road is complete.
Significantly improving congestion and creating safer, more efficient journeys, the project also included intersection upgrades at Golf Links Drive and Carramar Road. Additional upgrades included a shared path, noisewalls, bus stop facilities, drainage, landscaping and U-Turn facilities to provide access to driveways on Wanneroo Road.
Finishing works underway
A number of finishing works will be undertaken including median construction, kerbing, landscaping and the completion of the new shared path.
As road conditions are new and unfamiliar, the speed limit is currently signed at 60 km/h. In areas where we are undertaking works, the speed limit is reduced to 40 km/h.
Once all finishing works are complete in late-June, the speed limit on Wanneroo Road will be signed at 70 km/h between Joondalup and Carramar Road, and 80 km/h between Carramar Road and Flynn Drive. For more information, see the latest Construction Update.
Wanneroo Road between Flynn Drive and Joondalup Drive
- Closed from 4am Saturday 22 June to 5am Monday 24 June 2019
- Detour in place
Wanneroo Road, Flynn Drive to Joondalup Drive
- May-June 2019, 6.45am – 5pm
- Intermittent lane closures and speed reductions to 40km/h
- Construction update
Visit our Travel Map for all traffic and travel information that may impact your trip.
- October 2017: Construction commencing
- April 2019: Construction completion