Tonkin Highway Corridor
Roe Highway to Kelvin Road
- New interchanges for Tonkin Highway at Kelvin Road and Welshpool Road, and a new flyover at Hale Road
- Planning and development now underway
We are planning to upgrade a critical section of the State’s transport network by widening Tonkin Highway from just south of Roe Highway to Kelvin Road from four to six lanes and to a freeway standard.
The project includes removing three sets of signalised intersections.
The preliminary concept for the project includes:
- Upgrade Tonkin Highway from four to six lanes from Roe Highway to Kelvin Road
- Construction of new grade-separated interchanges at the Tonkin Highway intersections with Welshpool Road and Kelvin Road
- Construction of a flyover at Tonkin Highway and Hale Road
Extensive planning and project development is now underway to confirm the scope and progress the various approvals to allow for construction.
- stakeholder consultation to identify and resolve various issues/constraints
- concept design, geotechnical and site investigations, traffic modelling and environmental assessments to inform environmental processes and approvals
- community engagement
- 2019-20: Planning and Development
- Construction timeline is subject to environmental and statutory approvals and finalisation of project scope