Leach Highway and Welshpool Road Interchange
- New grade separated interchange
- Planning and development now underway
- Construction works anticipated to begin 2021
We are planning to build a new interchange at one of Perth’s most congested intersections in Welshpool.
The preliminary concept for the project includes a:
- Grade separated interchange at Leach Highway and Welshpool Road with Leach Highway travelling over Welshpool Road;
- New road bridge for Leach Highway over the Armadale/Thornlie rail line.
Extensive planning and project development is now underway to confirm the scope and progress the various approvals to allow for construction.
- stakeholder consultation to identify and resolve the various issues/constraints
- concept design, geotechnical and site investigations, traffic modelling and environmental assessments to inform environmental processes and approvals
- community engagement
- 2019-20: Planning and Development
- Construction timelline is subject to environmental and statutory approvals and finalisation of project scope.