Great Eastern Highway Bypass Interchanges
Roe Highway and Abernethy Road
- New interchanges in Hazelmere
- Planning and development now underway
We are planning to build two new interchanges along Great Eastern Highway Bypass.
The preliminary concept for the project includes a:
- Grade separated interchange at Roe Highway and Great Eastern Highway Bypass
- Grade separated interchange at Great Eastern Highway Bypass and Abernethy Road and future extension to connect to the southern extension to Lloyd Street
- Shared path, lighting and barriers
Extensive planning and project development is now underway to confirm the scope and progress the various approvals to allow for construction.
During 2019-20 activities will include:
- stakeholder consultation to identify and resolve the various issues/constraints
- concept design, geotechnical and site investigations, traffic modelling and environmental assessments to inform environmental processes and approvals
- community engagement
- 2019-20: Planning and Development
- Construction timeline is subject to environmental and statutory approvals and finalisation of project scope