Brand Highway Safety Improvements
Gingin to Cataby
As part of the state government's continued investment in regional road maintenance and improvements, we upgraded parts of Brand Highway. These works included:
- Improvements at the intersection of Cockram Road and Brand Highway to provide turning pockets
- Construction of two passing lanes, one northbound and one southbound near Regans Ford Roadhouse
- Widening approximately 19 kilometres of road between Gingin and Cataby
Image: Comparison photos showing the 'before' and 'after' improvements to sealed road shoulders on the highway
Cockram Road Intersection works, complete with minor rock protection works, will be completed by the end of June 2020.
Both overtaking lanes are sealed and both will be traffic to the public as of 10 June. Speed restrictions will remain in place while tidy up of the areas are completed.
Road widenings nearing completion with remaining seal being applied and should be finished by the 19 June.
Tidy up of the overtaking lane and road widening areas will be ongoing throughout June with localised speed restrictions in place.
Environment Management Plan
This project has received State and Commonwealth approvals. To meet the conditions of these approvals we have developed a Dieback and Weed Management Plan, which has been approved by the Department of Water and Environmental Regulation and the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions.
- November 2019: Construction began
- June 2020: Works completed