Brand Highway Safety Improvements
Gingin to Cataby
- Construction to start in late November and be completed mid-2020
- Motorists travelling between Perth and Geraldton may be impacted by roadworks on Brand Highway and Indian Ocean Drive.
- Visit the Indian Ocean Drive Project page or visit our Travel Map to find all roadwork, event and incident information you need to plan your trip.
A safety improvement package and upgrade works are being undertaken on Brand Highway, as part of the State Government’s continued investment in regional road maintenance and improvements. These works include:
- Improvements at the intersection of Cockram Road and Brand Highway to provide turning pockets
- Construction of two passing lanes, one northbound and one southbound near Regans Ford Roadhouse
- Approximately 19 kilometres of road will be widened between Gingin and Cataby
Image: Comparison photos showing the 'before' and 'after' improvements to sealed road shoulders on the highway
Tenders for the safety improvement works closed in August and are currently being evaluated. Construction works commenced in late-November.
Environment Management Plan
This project has received State and Commonwealth approvals. To meet the conditions of these approvals we have developed a Dieback and Weed Management Plan, which has been approved by the Department of Water and Environmental Regulation and the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions.
- November 2019: Construction commences
- April 2020: Works completed