Armadale Road Upgrade
- Widening Armadale Road to a four lane dual carriageway between Tapper Road and Anstey Road
- Construction commenced in March 2018 and is due for completion in late-2019
- Improve safety and reduce congestion in the area, along with better access and traffic flow
Image: Armadale Road and Nicholson Road Intersection
The project involves the construction of a 6.9 kilometre, four-lane dual carriageway between Tapper Road and Anstey Road, with dedicated turning lanes, intersection improvements and new shared path facilities.
Other works include:
- New roundabouts at Liddelow Road and Taylor Road/ Wright Road intersections
- Nicholson Road intersection upgraded to a bridge over a roundabout
- Minor upgrades at Ghostgum Avenue
- Rossiter Avenue converted to a left in left out only intersection
Traffic switch on to new bridge
A new grade-separated roundabout is currently under construction at the intersection of Nicholson Road and Armadale Road. Traffic is currently travelling on the bridge with one lane operational in each direction. Dual carriageways will open in 2020.
Final layout of Armadale Road taking shape
As of November 2019, a number of milestones have been achieved on the project, with many structures also nearing completion.
- Widening of the 6.9 kilometre section of Armadale Road from Tapper Road to Anstey Road is close to finishing, with several traffic switches undertaken to open up new working areas.
- The new Taylor Road / Wright Road roundabout at Armadale Road was opened to traffic on 9 September.
- The second half of the new three-way roundabout at Liddelow Road is nearing completion.
- The structure of the new bridge over the Nicholson Road roundabout is complete, with works underway on the connecting ramps and access roads.
- Finishing works for PSP from Tapper Road to Anstey Road.
- Installation of street lighting, kerbing, line marking, drainage, safety barriers, landscaping and signage.
Read more in the November 2019 Project Update PDF
Armadale Road at Liddelow Road intersection
Nicholson Road at Armadale Road
Wright Road at Armadale Road
- Left-in and left-out turning movements only until later in the year
- Unrestricted turning movements will be supported when the Taylor Road portion of the roundabout is complete
Visit our Travel Map
to find all roadwork, event and incident information you need to plan your trip.
- March 2018: Construction commencement
- Late-2019: Project completion