Armadale Road Upgrade
Tapper Road to Anstey Road
- Widened Armadale Road to a four lane dual carriageway
- Construction commenced in March 2018 and lanes opened to traffic in February 2020.
- New Principal Shared Path opened in mid March 2020
- Improve safety and reduce congestion in the area, along with better access and traffic flow
The $145 million upgrade of Armadale Road is complete - see the final Project Update for more information. The project involved the construction of a 6.9 kilometre, four-lane dual carriageway between Tapper Road and Anstey Road, with dedicated turning lanes, intersection improvements and new shared path facilities.
Other works included:
- New roundabouts at Liddelow Road and Taylor Road/ Wright Road intersections
- Nicholson Road intersection upgraded to a bridge over a roundabout
- Minor upgrades at Ghostgum Avenue
- Rossiter Avenue converted to a left in left out only intersection