Armadale Road Upgrade
Tapper Road to Anstey Road
- Widening Armadale Road to a four lane dual carriageway
- Construction commenced in March 2018 and is due for completion in late-2019
- Improve safety and reduce congestion in the area, along with better access and traffic flow
Image: Armadale Road and Nicholson Road Intersection
The project involves the construction of a 6.9 kilometre, four-lane dual carriageway between Tapper Road and Anstey Road, with dedicated turning lanes, intersection improvements and new shared path facilities.
Other works include:
- New roundabouts at Liddelow Road and Taylor Road/ Wright Road intersections
- Nicholson Road intersection upgraded to a bridge over a roundabout
- Minor upgrades at Ghostgum Avenue
- Rossiter Avenue converted to a left in left out only intersection
Nicholson Road and Armadale Road intersection upgrade
The new roundabout and grade-separated bridge at the Nicholson Road and Armadale Road intersection is nearing completion, which will bring smoother traffic flow in an east-west direction.
See the October 2019 Construction Update for more information.
Completion of Taylor Road/Wright Road roundabout
The new Taylor Road/Wright Road roundabout at Armadale Road was opened to traffic on 9 September.
The existing four-way intersection has been converted to a two-lane roundabout to improve traffic flow and safety outcomes. The roundabout is currently operating in a temporary arrangement (one lane in each direction) until the dual lanes on Armadale Road are complete at the end of the year.
Armandale Road between Liddelow Road and Ghostgum Avenue
Liddelow Road at Armadale Road
- Closed from 7pm Friday 18 October to 4am Monday 21 October
- Traffic on Armadale Road will travel in temporary alignment
- Detours in place
Nicholson Road, Greywacke Entrance to Rowley Road
- Closed from 7pm Friday 4 October to late November 2019
Armadale Road at Liddelow Road intersection
Wright Road at Armadale Road
- Left-in and left-out turning movements only until late-2019
- Unrestricted turning movements will be supported when the Taylor Road portion of the roundabout is complete
Visit our Travel Map to find all roadwork, event and incident information you need to plan your trip.
- March 2018: Construction commencement
- Late-2019: Project completion