Great Northern Highway - Maggie Creek to Wyndham
- Great Northern Highway upgraded between Maggie Creek and Wyndham.
- Works are underway and are due to be completed in June 2019.
- The project will provide increased employment opportunities and a more reliable road network for the East Kimberley region.
Image: Maggies Jump Up open
Maggie Creek to Wyndham
- Reconstruction and realignment of the nearly six kilometres of highway known as ‘Maggie’s Jump Up’, including construction of a northbound passing lane
- Reconstruction of 22 kilometres of highway from Maggie Creek to the Wyndham townsite, as well as drainage improvements
Roads to Recovery program – Weaber Plain Road bridge replacement
- Replacement of the bridge on Weaber Plain Road (over the D4 drain near Carlton Hill Road) to increase its load carrying capacity
All pavement and sealing works along Great Northern Highway from Maggie’s Creek to Wyndham and bulk earthworks through Maggie’s Jump Up are complete. Works are underway on the small remaining section through Maggie’s Jump Up and are expected to be complete in June.
Bridgeworks on Weaber Plain Road are complete with the new alignment opened to traffic in December 2018. Demolition of the old D4 bridge will be completed in May.
- Construction start - April 2018
- Construction shut down for 2018/19 wet season - December 2018
- Construction completion – June 2019