Pinjarra Williams Road Improvement
- We are continuing works along Pinjarra Williams Road.
- Works east of Dwellingup are due to be completed by the end of August 2019
- Improving safety and removing roadside hazards
The existing two-lane road has narrow seal width, narrow gravel shoulders and steep batters. Works are planned through a series of stages over several years to address these concerns by:
- Widening the existing road and constructing sealed shoulders
- By flattening slopes and removing roadside hazards
Works east of Dwellingup: Current works are due for completion by August 2019, upgrades include widening the road pavement, drainage culverts and bitumen sealing. Works will also include an improvement to the recovery zone width.
Works west of Dwellingup: Completed in early-2018, we added a passing lane westbound and improved the recovery zone widths.
The Environmental approval process is continuing for the remaining sections of road, which have not yet been upgraded.
- Improved safety
- Reduced risk of serious crashes
- Support economic growth by enabling the effective movement of goods to support industry in the region.