Pinjarra Williams Road Improvement
- We are continuing works along Pinjarra Williams Road.
- Works east of Dwellingup are due to be completed by May 2020
- Improving safety and removing roadside hazards
Image: Pinjarra Williams Road Improvement
The existing two-lane road has narrow seal width, narrow gravel shoulders and steep batters. Works are planned through a series of stages over several years to address these concerns by:
- Widening the existing road and constructing sealed shoulders
- By flattening slopes and removing roadside hazards
Works east of Dwellingup: Widening works (earthworks and pavement installation) and drainage improvements have been completed. Sealing of the road has been delayed due to wet weather and is expected to be completed by May 2020.
Works west of Dwellingup: Completed in early-2018, we added a passing lane westbound and improved the recovery zone widths.
The Environmental approval process is continuing for the remaining sections of road, which have not yet been upgraded.
- Improved safety
- Reduced risk of serious crashes
- Support economic growth by enabling the effective movement of goods to support industry in the region.