Cottesloe - Principal Shared Path Construction
- Extending the shared path along the Fremantle rail line from Grant Street Station to Victoria Street Station in Cottesloe.
- Work is underway with the final path expected to be completed by end of June.
- Improve safety and accessibility between Cottesloe and Perth City.
This project will provide a continuous off-road facility, reducing possible conflict with road traffic and providing a high-quality link to key tourist attractions.
Working closely with the Town of Cottesloe, we have created a design that complements the surrounding environment between the railway line and Curtin Avenue.
The extended path makes up the first of two stages to the extension.
This project will ensure everyone is able to travel safely on a dedicated connection.
- Extend the existing PSP by 2.8 kilometres to separate pedestrians and cyclists from motorists. This will provide access to train stations, the Mosman Park Activity Centre and Cottesloe Primary School.
- Provide a pedestrian and cyclist crossing at Eric Street to avoid cyclists crossing at signalised intersections.
- Install new lighting, signs and pavement markings.
Earthworks for the new path are well underway with Keslake Group preparing the ground for the new PSP along the project site.
From Wednesday 13 March, the southern access to the Cottesloe Train Station Carpark will close for five weeks to facilitate the path works. The Cottesloe CAT service operating during 'Sculptures by the Sea' will continue to operate until 18 March using the carpark.
The final path is expected to be completed by the end of June.
Find out more information in our January Project Update.