Cottesloe - Principal Shared Path Construction
- 2.8 kilometre shared path extension along the Fremantle rail line from Grant Street Station to Victoria Street Station in Cottesloe is now open
- Minor works and landscaping continuing August/September 2019
- Improve safety and accessibility between Cottesloe and Perth City
This project will provide a continuous off-road facility, reducing possible conflict with road traffic and providing a high-quality link to key tourist attractions.
Working closely with the Town of Cottesloe, we have created a design that complements the surrounding environment between the railway line and Curtin Avenue.
Theextended path makes up the first of two stages to the extension.
This project will ensure everyone is able to travel safely on a dedicated connection.
- Extend the existing PSP by 2.8 kilometres to separate pedestrians and cyclists from motorists. This will provide access to train stations, the Mosman Park Activity Centre and Cottesloe Primary School.
- Provide a pedestrian and cyclist crossing at Eric Street to avoid cyclists crossing at signalised intersections.
- Install new lighting, signs and pavement markings.
The Principal Shared Path (PSP) is now open for use.
The new PSP runs along the rail line from Grant Street to Victoria Street Station. The 2.8 km project significantly improves connectivity and safety for residents and visitors in the Town Of Cottesloe.
Find out more information in our Minister's statement