Margaret River Perimeter Road
A 7 km perimeter road, extending from Airport Access Road north of Margaret River, linking back to Bussell Highway south of Margaret River opened on 22 December 2018.
Ongoing planting and landscaping works will be continuing over the next four years. We will also be undertaking traffic modelling and noise monitoring on the perimeter road.
The upgrade will provide an alternative, high standard, free flowing route for traffic not needing to travel through the Margaret River town site.
- 5.2 km of perimeter road to connect to Stage One at Rosa Brook intersection
- 2.3 km long John Archibald Drive and roundabout connection with the perimeter road
- the roundabout north of Margaret River and associated road connections
- a new entrance road to the airport
- a 96 m long road bridge and a separate footbridge on the Darch Trail.
concept plan outlines the route and key connections. The
plan of the northern roundabout shows the new road layout and the species to be used in an extensive revegetation and landscaping program.
John Archibald Drive is owned and managed by the Shire of Augusta Margaret River, and any queries can be directed to Hilary Metcalfe in the first instance on 9780 5264 or via email at email@example.com.
Access to and from 10 Mile Dam, or from the walk trails originating from town (western areas) is open. There is still some work to be completed to finish the trails. Please take care when walking near the pedestrian and perimeter road bridges.
Read more information on our
dedicated environment page.
May 2015: Stage One complete
September 2017: Stage Two construction start
December 2018: Stage Two construction complete