Margaret River Perimeter Road
- Planting and landscaping works happening over next four years
- Sealing works on the Perimeter Road part of John Archibald Drive
The upgrade has provided an alternative, high standard, free flowing route for traffic not needing to travel through the Margaret River town site.
- 5.2 km of perimeter road to connect to Stage One at Rosa Brook intersection
- 2.3 km long John Archibald Drive and roundabout connection with the perimeter road
- the roundabout north of Margaret River and associated road connections
- a new entrance road to the airport
- a 96 m long road bridge and a separate footbridge on the Darch Trail.
Theconcept plan outlines the route and key connections. Read more information on our dedicated environment page.
Planting and landscaping works will be continuing over the next four years. A number of grass trees have been planted in and around the northern roundabout and we have direct planted about 2000 plants on the batter slopes. The area has been seeded with a native seed mix consistent with the other areas on the Perimeter Road.
We are monitoring soil profiles and enhancing with nutrients. Infill planting will continue where necessary. Open the plan of the northern roundabout PDF to see the new road layout and the species that are being used in our extensive revegetation and landscaping program.
We have undertaken the first round of post-construction noise monitoring at noise sensitive locations along the Perimeter Road and John Archibald Drive. The Post-Constuction Noise Monitoring Report PDF is available and we will continue to liaise with individuals who have contacted us with queries about this process.
Sealing works will be required in summer to apply a final seal coat to the Perimeter Road part of John Archibald Drive and the Airstrip access road. Timing will be communicated in coming months.
Our 16th and final Construction Reference Group (CRG) meeting was held on 21 October 2019. The CRG has worked with us since 2012, providing valuable input and local advice before, during and after construction.
John Archibald Drive is owned and managed by the Shire of Augusta Margaret River, and any queries can be directed to Hilary Metcalfe in the first instance on 9780 5264 or via email at email@example.com
Find out more