Great Eastern Highway Safety Upgrade, Bakers Hill
We improved Great Eastern Highway between Berry Brow Road and Tames Road, in Bakers Hill.
Works were completed in late September 2018, with Premier Mark McGowan visiting on 3 October 2018. Improvements included:
- Upgrades to existing regulatory signage and line-marking
- Closing Keane Street exit to Great Eastern Highway
- Constructing a dedicated left turn lane and a new street (official name to be announced) to eliminate a four-way intersection
- Modified access to the tourist information bay
- Reduced access ways to the shops from seven to three
Benefits will see improved safety for pedestrians and road users, improved traffic flow and parking.