Charles Street Upgrade
- Upgrading the busy section of Charles Street between the intersections of Green Street/Walcott Street and Wanneroo Road/Wiluna Street in Joondanna.
- Service relocations have commenced, with roadworks expected later in the year.
- Improve safety and ease congestion.
The upgrade works are designed to reduce the potential for crashes. Vehicles turning right from Charles Street into Walcott Street and Green Street will only be permitted to do so under dedicated green arrow control. A traffic signal mast-arm will also be installed at Wiluna Street to improve visibility of the signals and reduce potential for rear-end crashes.
We will also be:
- Widening Charles Street and reducing the median width, extending existing right-turn pockets
- Extending existing turning lanes at Wanneroo Road southbound at Wiluna Street and modifying turning lanes at both intersections
- Modifying intersection alignments to improve safety for all road users
- Upgrading pedestrian crossing facilities for vulnerable road users
Early works, including service relocations, are currently underway and roadworks are expected to commence in the second half of this year.
- Early 2019: Service relocations commenced
- Mid-late 2019: Roadworks