Broome Cape Leveque Road
- Upgrading and sealing a section of Broome Cape Leveque Road between Broome Highway and Beagle Bay
- Construction has commenced and is expected to be completed by 2021
- Provide all weather access to the Dampier Peninsula and surrounding communities, improving safety and reducing commercial transport costs
Image: Unsealed Broome Cape Leveque Road
- Construction and sealing of the remaining 90 km unsealed section
- Reconstruction and sealing of the existing 13.6 km of narrow seal
- Upgrade of the Broome Cape Leveque Road and Broome Highway intersection
- Alignment/geometric and drainage improvements
- The installation of culverts, fauna underpasses and floodways
Construction kicked off again in April and will run through to the wet season. Motorists may encounter works and will need to drive to the conditions and follow signage.
Read more information about the works schedule and meet the team in our latest project update.
Environment / Sustainability
For more information please visit our dedicated environment page.
- 2002-07: Stage 1 and 2 sealing completed
- 2016-17: Progress development activities
- Mid-2018: Stage 3 construction commenced
- 2021: Construction completion