Armadale Road to North Lake Road Bridge
- Construction of a new bridge over Kwinana Freeway connecting Armadale Road to North Lake Road, with Armadale Road upgraded between Ghostgum Avenue and Kwinana Freeway
- Construction is expected to begin in late-2019 and is due for completion in late-2021
- Ease congestion and improve access
The construction of Armadale Road to North Lake Road Bridge over Kwinana Freeway will ease congestion at Cockburn Central Station and the Cockburn Gateway Shopping Centre. The project will also provide a direct link between Armadale and North Lake Roads, improve access to Kwinana Freeway and support residential and commercial expansion in Cockburn and Armadale.
The project also involves the construction of free flowing lanes on Armadale Road through Solomon Road and Tapper Road intersections with grade separated roundabouts introduced to retain full connectivity.
Other works will include:
- North-facing on and off ramps at Kwinana Freeway.
- Collector- distributor roads on both sides of the Kwinana Freeway from Berrigan Drive to Armadale Road
- Modifications to the existing North Lake Road and Midgegooroo Avenue signalised intersection.
Design option survey feedback
Our recent online survey regarding the options under consideration for the intersection of Armadale Road and Solomon Road received a strong level of interest with 400 submissions. The results, summarised in our Online Survey Report will inform the selection process for a preferred option.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the survey.
Tender assessment underway
We received proposals from two shortlisted consortia on 12 February 2019. An assessment process is underway. A contract for the delivery of this project is expected to be awarded in May 2019.