Armadale Road to North Lake Road Bridge
- A new bridge over Kwinana Freeway connecting to North Lake Road with upgrades to Armadale Road
- Construction is expected to begin in late-2019 and is due for completion in late-2021
- Ease congestion and improve access
Construction will ease congestion at Cockburn Central Station and the Cockburn Gateway Shopping Centre. The project will also provide a direct link between Armadale and North Lake roads, improve access to Kwinana Freeway and support residential and commercial expansion in Cockburn and Armadale.
The project also involves the construction of free flowing lanes on Armadale Road through Solomon Road and Tapper Road intersections with grade separated roundabouts introduced to retain full connectivity.
Other works will include:
- North-facing on and off ramps at Kwinana Freeway.
- Collector-distributor roads on both sides of the Kwinana Freeway from Berrigan Drive to Armadale Road
- Modifications to the existing North Lake Road and Midgegooroo Avenue signalised intersection.
Preferred Proponent confirmed
We are pleased to confirm that a consortium comprising Laing O’Rourke and BG&E has entered into final negotiations with us to deliver the project. This follows a competitive tendering process carried out over the past nine months. We expect that an Alliance Agreement will be signed in the coming weeks upon conclusion of the negotiation period.
Design option finalised for Armadale Road and Solomon Road intersection
In mid-2018, we asked shortlisted contractors to prepare proposals for two options for the intersection of Armadale Road and Solomon Road.
- Design Option A: Armadale Road elevated and passing over Solomon Road
- Design Option B: Armadale Road passing beneath Solomon Road in a trench structure
We also undertook extensive engagement with the local community to understand their preferred design for this intersection. This included face-to-face information sessions, electronic communication, Community Reference Group meetings and an online survey carried out earlier this year.
Following careful assessment of community feedback, Design Option B has been confirmed as the chosen design for this intersection. Armadale Road passing beneath Solomon Road will reduce the visual impacts of the project for residents living in the northern part of Atwell, while providing the same level of network performance as Design Option A.
Design option survey feedback
Our recent online survey regarding the options under consideration for the intersection of Armadale Road and Solomon Road received a strong level of interest with 400 submissions. The results, summarised in our Online Survey Report will inform the selection process for a preferred option.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the survey.