Armadale Road to North Lake Road Bridge
- A new bridge over Kwinana Freeway connecting to North Lake Road with upgrades to Armadale Road
- Construction began in late-2019 and is due for completion in late-2021
- Ease congestion and improve access
Construction will ease congestion at Cockburn Central Station and the Cockburn Gateway Shopping Centre. The project will also provide a direct link between Armadale and North Lake roads, improve access to Kwinana Freeway and support residential and commercial expansion in Cockburn and Armadale.
The project also involves the construction of free flowing lanes on Armadale Road through Solomon Road and Tapper Road intersections with grade separated roundabouts introduced to retain full connectivity.
Other works will include:
- North-facing on and off ramps at Kwinana Freeway.
- Collector-distributor roads on both sides of the Kwinana Freeway from Berrigan Drive to Armadale Road
- Modifications to the existing North Lake Road and Midgegooroo Avenue signalised intersection
Closure of Solomon Road
Extensive pavement works are required on Solomon Road to enable construction of the new Armadale Road and Solomon Road interchange. Recent reductions in traffic volumes across the road network provide an opportunity put in place a 28-day closure, which will allow the works to be delivered in half the time of the original program. This will significantly reduce ongoing disruption to local businesses and motorists.
Solomon Road will be closed between Knock Place and Monash Gate from Monday 25 May to Monday 22 June. Please see the following Roadworks Update for detour information.
Building the Armadale Road interchanges
The Armadale Road to North Lake Road Bridge is a large and complex project in a tightly constrained residential and commercial area. Our latest Fact Sheet explains how we'll build the two new interchanges along Armadale Road while keeping traffic flowing.
The first phase of Armadale Road to North Lake Road Bridge project is well underway. Since late-2019, our focus has been on preparing the main alignment for major works. This activity has included the relocation of services infrastructure and the clearing of vegetation on both sides of Kwinana Freeway. Our site compound has also been installed to the east of Verde Drive to allow our crews to access the key work zones safely and efficiently. To find out more please see our April Construction Update.
Closure of Solomon Road access to business precinct
Vital works are underway to prepare for construction of a grade-separated roundabout at the intersection of Armadale Road and Solomon Road. To enable construction works to commence, the current access to the business precinct at 47 Armadale Road, via the former Puma petrol station site on Solomon Road, permanently closed in November 2019. For alternative access routes, please
open the latest construction update document.
Verde Drive between Armadale Road and Biscayne Way
- Closed from 6 to 18 July
- Monday to Wednesday 7pm to 5am
- Thursday 10pm to 5am
- Saturday and Sunday 6pm to 6am
- Follow signed detours during these realignment works
Midgegooroo Avenue between North Lake Road and Signal Terrace
- Closed Saturday 21 June for three weeks, 7pm to 7am nightly
- Signed detours in place, and speed reduced in the area
Solomon Road between Knock Place and Monash Gate
Pedestrian and cycle path on Armadale Road between Freshwater Drive and Tapper Road
- The pedestrian and cycle path remains closed until August. Path detours are in place
Armadale Road, between Kwinana Freeway and Ghostgum Avenue
- Intermittent lane closures may be required to facilitate necessary site works
- Follow traffic management signs