Wanneroo Road and Ocean Reef Road Interchange
- Constructing a bridge over Ocean Reed Road
- Construction commenced in March and is due for completion in mid-2020.
- To improve safety at one of Perth’s most congested intersections
Work will include construction of a bridge over Ocean Reef Road including signalised off and on ramps, service relocations and drainage improvements and realignment of paths and pedestrian crossing points. The concept design for the interchange provide more details.
Construction is now underway, with the first stage of works involving:
- Demolition of the former BP service station site and other redundant buildings.
- Site clearing of shoulders, median strips and other construction areas as required
- Site investigations to identify the location of services and commencement of service relocations
- The construction of a new access road to Cockman House
- Temporary diversion of the shared path adjacent to Cockman House
- Establishment of traffic management and site facilities
As part of the project, noise walls will be constructed in various locations to reduce traffic noise for local residents. Consultation is currently underway with local residents. See the Noise Wall Fact Sheet for more information.
There has been some interest in the community about the different design options considered when upgrading the intersection. An interchange Type Selection Fact Sheet has been developed to explain how the chosen option was decided.
A Community Reference Group has been formed to:
- assist in identifying, discussing and providing advice on the community issues associated with the project
- exchange information between us, the contractor and the community
- provide representative community and stakeholder input into the construction phase of the project
The fourth meeting was held in April 2019.
- Wanneroo Road and Ocean Reef Road intersection
- Short term lane closures and speed reductions from Monday 8 April 2019, 7am to 7pm (outside of peak hours)
- Woodvale Drive
- Intermittent lane closures and speed reductions from 13 May to mid-July when trucks are delivering materials to site
- The footpath on northern side of Woodvale Drive will be temporarily diverted to the opposite side of the road
Visit our Travel Map for all traffic and travel information that may impact your trip.
- October 2017: all for Expressions of Interest from industry
- April 2018: Request for proposals
- January 2019: Contract award
- Early-2019: Construction commencement