Wanneroo Road and Joondalup Drive Interchange
- Upgrading Wanneroo Road and Joondalup Drive interchange.
- Construction work commenced in September 2018 and is expected to be completed in mid-2020.
- Replace a busy signalised intersection with a free-flowing interchange, making your trip safer and providing shorter travel times.
- Grade separation intersection with Joondalup Drive going over Wanneroo Road with two lanes in each direction
- New roundabout at current intersection of Joondalup Drive and Cheriton Drive
- New signalised intersection at Wanneroo Road and Clarkson Avenue
- Modifications to intersections with local roads (Drovers Place and St Stephen Crescent)
- A roundabout with two or three lanes
- Retaining walls and noise walls on intersection quadrants
- Road furniture, fencing, drainage, landscaping and street lighting
- Shared paths and bus facilities
- Driveways and accommodation works
Upcoming night works
Night works will take place intermittently between 7pm to 7am, Monday to Saturday, from 27 February until end April 2019.
As part of the works, lane closures and speed reductions will affect the areas from Burns Beach Road roundabout to Cheriton Drive, and from Wanneroo Road and Joondalup Drive intersection to Clarkson Avenue.
See the Construction Update for more information.
Construction works in early 2019
Works have started on clearing kerbs, pavement and vegetation within the barricaded areas. Other Stage One works will include diversion of underground services as well as installation of new drainage pits and pipes. Once the redundant drainage is removed, work crews will start constructing the new pavement and then begin asphalting, kerbing and linemarking to form the new road alignment.
These works will be undertaken during day shift, 7am to 7pm Monday to Saturday, with some occasional night works required for tie-in works. See the Project Update for more information.
Fact sheet - Bridge Construction
A fact sheet on the different stages of the project’s construction has been developed, outlining Stages 1 to 3 of the program.
- August 2018: Early works activity
- September 2018: Construction commenced
- Mid-2020: Construction complete