Wanneroo Road and Joondalup Drive Interchange
- Replace a busy signalised intersection with a free-flowing interchange
- Construction work commenced in September 2018 and is expected to be completed in mid-2020
- Making your trip safer and providing shorter travel times
- Grade separation intersection with Joondalup Drive going over Wanneroo Road with two lanes in each direction
- New roundabout at current intersection of Joondalup Drive and Cheriton Drive
- New signalised intersection at Wanneroo Road and Clarkson Avenue
- Modifications to intersections with local roads (Drovers Place and St Stephen Crescent)
- A roundabout with two or three lanes
- Retaining walls and noise walls on intersection quadrants
- Road furniture, fencing, drainage, landscaping and street lighting
- Shared paths and bus facilities
- Driveways and accommodation works
Full intersection closure postponed due to wet weather
Due to continual rains, the Wanneroo Road and Jonndalup Drive intersection will no longer be closed for construction works on the weekend of 21-24 June. Please see our latest Project Update for more information.
Bus service changes
The 390 bus service has already been rerouted to accommodate for the permanent closure of the right turn access between St Stephens Crescent and Joondalup Drive.
For more information about bus services please visit the Transperth website .
- August 2018: Early works activity
- September 2018: Construction commenced
- Mid-2020: Construction complete