Geraldton North South Highway
- We are currently undertaking planning to identify a future road corridor between Devlin Pool Road/Brand Highway (South), and Webberton Road/North West Coastal Highway (North).
- This project is a long-term proposal.
- The proposal aims to look at removing regional through traffic from the Geraldton city area, particularly heavy vehicles.
At this stage, no decision has been made to construct the proposed highway. Affected landowners can continue to use their land for existing purposes. When a decision is made in the future to construct the highway and funding is available, detailed design and project development investigations will be undertaken in consultation with affected landowners.
- October to December 2009: Consultation with key stakeholders
- March 2011: Consultation findings published
- Improve the safety and efficiency of the Geraldton road network
- Improve access to and from the port and industrial areas
- Remove heavy vehicles from residential areas
- Improve traffic flow