Dongara to Northampton
- We are currently undertaking a planning study to identify a future road corridor for a Dongara to Northampton coastal route
- An alignment selection study is underway and is anticipated to be complete by mid-2020
- To address long term freight requirements and alleviate pressure on existing road networks
Image: Dongara to Northampton
In 2015 we commenced consultation with potentially affected landowners, the local community, local government and other key stakeholders. We also distributed a Study Overview outlining the six feasible route options and associated benefits and considerations.
We are assessing the feedback received from this consultation and liaising with various key stakeholders to identify a preferred alignment.
Once a preferred corridor is selected, we will seek endorsement of a preferred alignment from the Western Australian Planning Commission (WAPC).
Further engagement with landowners and key stakeholders will then be undertaken as part of the work to refine the final alignment.
- August 2015: Distribution of Study Overview to local communities
- Late-2015: Consultation with key stakeholders
- Mid 2020: Anticipated completion