Dongara to Northampton
- We are currently undertaking a planning study to identify a future road corridor for a Dongara to Northampton coastal route.
- A preferred alignment will be decided mid-year.
- To address long term freight requirements and alleviate pressure on existing road networks.
In 2015 we commenced consultation with potentially affected landowners, the local community, local government and other key stakeholders. We also distributed a Study Overview outlining the six feasible route options and associated benefits and considerations.
We are assessing the feedback received from this consultation and liaising with various key stakeholders to identify a preferred alignment.
Once a preferred corridor is selected, we will seek endorsement of a preferred alignment from the Western Australian Planning Commission (WAPC).
Further engagement with landowners and key stakeholders will then be undertaken as part of the work to refine the final alignment.
- August 2015: Distribution of Study Overview to local communities
- Late-2015: Consultation with key stakeholders
- Mid-2019: Identification of preferred alignment