Heavy Vehicle Pilot Licence
As part of its efforts to continually improve safety in the Heavy Vehicle industry, Main Roads introduced a Heavy Vehicle Pilot Licence on the 28 November 2016. As of this date all New Heavy Vehicle Pilots are required to obtain a Heavy Vehicle Pilot Licence. The licence is renewable every three years.
Heavy Vehicle Pilots
From 28 November 2016 individuals looking to become Heavy Vehicle Pilots will be required to:
• hold a current non-probationary Motor Drivers Licence;
• pass an Assessment of Fitness to Drive for Commercial Drivers examination, must not be older than 6 months prior to the date of application; ;
• pass a Western Australian heavy vehicle pilot training course from a registered training provider; and
• complete an application form and pay an administration fee of $205
Heavy Vehicle Pilot Licence Renewal
The Heavy Vehicle Pilot Licence is renewable every three years.
To renew your Heavy Vehicle Pilot Licence you must
- Hold a current Motor Drivers Licence (information available from Department of Transport Drive Vehicle Services)
- Pass an Assessment of Fitness to Drive for Commercial Drivers examination;
- Pass a Western Australian heavy vehicle pilot training refresher course form a registered training provider and;
- Complete an application form and pay an administration fee of $205.
For further information, call Heavy Vehicle Services on 138 486.
If you would like to view a PDF version of the Heavy Vehicle Pilot Licence Fact Sheet click on the image or name link: